Pic of HT; test

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:53:11 -0800

List, I've been experimenting with the graphic view of Historic
Temperaments. I'm dissatisfied with the view on Ron Koval's site because it
only shows major thirds, not fifths. Personally, I want to see both the
major third and fifth deviations from perfect (3:2) or just (5:4), so I can
see what the tradeoffs are in a given temperament. I've figured out the math
in Excel and created a system for generating a graphic, and tried to get the
graphic small enough to fit in a message here. So, without further
introduction, attached is a picture of the Werkmeister III temperament.

My source for the data is the set of temperament files that are supplied
with TuneLab.

Please let me know if you wouold find such charts useful, and which others
you would like me to post. I have done ET, Bremmer's EBVT, Coleman's 4, 11
and 16, but since the GIF file of each one is about 19k, I can only post one
at a time.

Also, if the GIF format cannot be read, please let me know. The smallest JPG
I have so far been able to create of this picture is 52k, too large for this
list.

|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||
jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching
bellevue, wa * 425 562 4127 * cell 425 831 1561
orcas island * 360 376 2799
|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||

--MS_Mac_OE_3096535912_1172038_MIME_Part
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/applefile
Size: 15217 bytes
Desc: not available

--MS_Mac_OE_3096535912_1172038_MIME_Part
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 11986 bytes
Desc: not available

--MS_Mac_OE_3096535912_1172038_MIME_Part--