Butterflies! (spreading hammers)

C Stewart calexste@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:49:47 -0500

List,

I'm working on a late 1980's era Baldwin spinet.  It seems to have been =
subjected to some excessive humidity at some point in its life, but is =
in pretty good shape.  Some of the hammers in the bass section have =
butterflied (there are no staples in these hammers).  My question is, =
short of removing the action, is there any efficient way to glue and =
clamp these back together?  (this piano belongs to my sister in-law, and =
I have limited time to work on it).  Preferred glues?

Thanks for any help!

-Court Stewart   =20