Great tech tip. was Re: loose/tight flanges

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:51:58 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 7:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Great tech tip. was Re: loose/tight flanges

  In a message dated 2/12/02 8:25:18 AM !!!First Boot!!!, =
dnereson@dimensional.com writes:=20

    Yes, or you can unscrew the hammer rail and hang it on (screw it to) =
a homemade stand.  =20

  Not when it's a Steinway.=20

  Wim=20

      You're right -- that's the one exception.  Like my capstan =
wrenches that fit numerous pianos, but not Steinways; gotta carry a =
separate one just for them.  And my spare flanges that fit almost all =
pianos, but not Steinways; gotta carry special ones for them.  And even =
my double flanges that fit some old old uprights, but not the Steinways; =
gotta have special ones on hand for them.  Oh, and sostenuto monkeys and =
teflon bushings and a few other items.  I should have a separate tool =
and parts box just for the darn Steinways!  =20
                                                                         =
                                 --David Nereson, RPT, Denver