pict of Ht test

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:17:16

Jason Kanter wrote:

>List, I've been experimenting with the graphic view of Historic
>Temperaments. I'm dissatisfied with the view on Ron Koval's site because it
>only shows major thirds, not fifths.

Hi there!

Hmmmm... I don't have a site, so maybe you are speaking of Bill Bremmer's?
Anyway, yes, the 5ths are important, and the minor 3rds too, but you'll want
to get into beat rates too, because that's what we really hear, not cents
from pure.  I've chosen to throw graphs out there with 3rds only, because it
seems more simple to grasp for people just starting.

enjoy!

Ron Koval