information for a dissertation

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:46:49 EST

In a message dated 2/15/02 11:19:31 AM Central Standard Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

> I'm curious. Are there ever requests from visiting musicians for a cello
> that they can hang hardware on and beat with a mallet? Or a bassoon they
> can fill with soap solution to blow bubbles during a performance? Seems
> only fair.
> Ron N

I have never liked the "prepped" piano concept. I think the composers who
write this kind of stuff are maybe not as good at what they do than those who
write, what I would call, "legitimate" music.

Perhaps we can start a new trend. Prepared Clarinet and Bassoon duet, with
damper wires, tuning pins and piano string hanging from the mouth piece and
keys. It won't produce much of a sound, but it might look crazy enough for it
to become interesting.

Wim