Pic of HT; test

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:24:17 EST

Jason,
    This is fascinating. What will you use this graph for? Is this done to
help
show a customer how wild one temp. might be from another? Will you then chart
comparison of all the temperaments together somehow? What is your background
that taught you how to create this?

Greg

Jason Kanter wrote:

> List, I've been experimenting with the graphic view of Historic
> Temperaments. I'm dissatisfied with the view on Ron Koval's site because it
> only shows major thirds, not fifths. Personally, I want to see both the
> major third and fifth deviations from perfect (3:2) or just (5:4), so I can
> see what the tradeoffs are in a given temperament. I've figured out the math
> in Excel and created a system for generating a graphic, and tried to get the
> graphic small enough to fit in a message here. So, without further
> introduction, attached is a picture of the Werkmeister III temperament.
>
> My source for the data is the set of temperament files that are supplied
> with TuneLab.
>
> Please let me know if you wouold find such charts useful, and which others
> you would like me to post. I have done ET, Bremmer's EBVT, Coleman's 4, 11
> and 16, but since the GIF file of each one is about 19k, I can only post one
> at a time.
>
> Also, if the GIF format cannot be read, please let me know. The smallest JPG
> I have so far been able to create of this picture is 52k, too large for this
> list.
>
> || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||
> jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching

I didn't see the original post on this but I did view the Werkmeister III
graph which is excellent, the best I've seen yet.  I'd be very interested in
seeing the one you have for the EBVT and I would also be glad to post all of
them on my website.  I would also have to give each of them an individual
page but I think you could put maybe six on a page for side by side
comparison if they were all reduced in size.

I want information about all kinds of HT's to be on my website so that people
can see for themselves what lead me naturally to designing the EBVT.

Thank you for this contribution.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin