Coffee in piano

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:55:48 -0600

Hi Phil,
             The problem is probably due to the sugar and milk component of
the
coffee.  Common H2O will do the job .
Make sure every thing is good and dry after, by drying with a hair dryer.
Then
use a dab of CLP with a tooth pick to lub the agraffe holes.

Wedge paper towel between the plate and the strings, so the water will no wick
towards the dampers.  Flush affected area with a syringe and mop with a Q tip
and paper towel.  You will have to do this several times. Dropping the tension
on the affected strings and cleaning will also help. The drop in tension will
help drag and residue out of the agraffe holes.

Coffee and Coke seems impervious to most solvents.

regards Roger