information for a dissertation

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:06:33 EST

Gary:
I once saw Jerry Lee Lewis step onto the keys of a grand piano on stage
during his concert and stomp the keys. There ain't no nice way to tear up a
good piano. Let the performers who enjoy this kind of "noise" bring their own
piano. I wonder if they would "play" the Cage piece on the next concert if
they knew the dangers and possible damage to their instrument and the COST TO
REPAIR "their" instrument.
Sorry, I can not accept this as musical expression.......never could....never
will and I can never accept the destruction of a Steinway. Kimball???Maybe!!!

Tommy Black
M.A. Music Education
Universtiy of Alabama
Non RPT