Prepared Pianos question

LHudicek@AOL.COM LHudicek@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:38:55 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2002 1:23:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> My opinion is that any musician, (I use the term in a snide way), who wants
> me to do this sort of thing to a piano, will not only get a HUGE and
> EMPHATIC NO, will get a lecture on having respect for the instrument. I
> will
> also suggest that they take up some other line of work. (I can think of
> several that are on their moronic level) And lastly, I will tell them to
> find someone else to do their dirty work. (There are those non-PTG types
> that will do anything for a buck.)
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm sorry you feel this way.  However, pianists are going to do it whether or
not you say "no."  Wouldn't it be better to teach them how to do this without
harming the piano rather than pretended you don't see it?  May I suggest Alan
Eder's video, Non-Traditional Piano Techniques?

Respecting your opinion but trying to open the mind,
Laurie