information for a dissertation/Charles

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:43:06 -0500 (EST)

I should have included one more quote:

"If this word 'music' is sacred and reserved for eighteenth- and
ninteteenth-century instruments, we can subsitute a more meaningful term:
organization of sound." -- John Cage, _Silence_, p. 3

So I think John Cage would agree with your definition, and he probably
wouldn't have minded the word "noise" so much either.

Charles