Yes! We have no spoon benders!

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:37:00 EST

I recently ordered a combination tool spoon bender (among other items) from
APSCO.  Allowing ten days for delivery, I scheduled a regulation on a Kawai
vertical, which needed damper spoon regulation, in two weeks, knowing that I
would have the spoon bender by then.

Finally my order came, and guess what?  No spoon bender.  So I called APSCO
to tell them that one of the items I ordered was not included in the
shipment, and she matter-of-factly stated, "It must be out of stock."

Since she didn't mention this when I placed my order, she probably didn't
know it was out of stock at that time.  OK, that can happen.  But when it
does happen, it seems to me that APSCO should call the customer and let them
know that the item they have just ordered will not be coming to them when
they expect it.  At least then the customer could take measures to order the
item from another supply house if they needed it by a certain date.  To find
out 10 days later when your order arrives minus the one item you actually
needed by now, doesn't seem right.

In this case, it's not such a big deal.  I simply rescheduled the regulation
job for two weeks from now.  With any luck, I'll be able to fill that empty
appointment slot this week, so no real harm done.  It just seems to me that
it wouldn't have been that hard to keep me informed.  This is just good
business sense and common courtesy.

What do you all think of this?  Am I simply expecting too much personal
attention in this day and age?

Tom Sivak