My comments/John Cage prepared piano

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:19:26 -0500 (EST)

> Just don't make me sit
> in the audience and listen to this. I have heard John Cage renditions, and
> truly dislike the sound....
> So, if my comments offended anyone, please accept my apologies and sympathy.
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I didn't think you said anything offensive, at least nothing was offensive
to me. Nobody can force any of us to like every type of music (or
"noise"). There's a lot of music whose sound I dislike.

I think the important thing that is coming out of all this is that
everyone seems to want to prevent harm to pianos, whether the musicians
are playing "music", "noise", or even meantone temperaments. :)

Charles