Accordion Tuning/not funny

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:54:00 -0600

No offence felt.  If you want to know more about tuning offset for
mussette, check the internet, re. accordion service. Several websites
will give you correct tunings. My personal success comes when I
tune the Clarinet (mid ) reed to A440, then tune one mid. reed flat aurally,
obviously listening for the best vibrato. Then tune the the other  mid.
reed sharp, listening again for the best vibrato. When all 3 reeds are played
together, you will have the result you probably want. Not the same thru.
whole keyb. If you were to tune same offset thru - out keyb., it would sound
terrible at both ends of keyb. Many different countries use a faster or slower
vibrato. Mexican is one of the fastest at about 20 cents sharp. French- canadian
was about 7 cents sharp. I do mine the way I like it, and have had
no complaints, thus far.
Good luck.

Carl