Re-scaling a small grand

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:48:48 -0500

'mornin.

I have a beat-up little grand on my hands that I am going to do some
'firsts' for me to.

The first thing is to find a stringing scale for it. In my teardown
procedure sheet that I so willingly gave copies to people on this list, I
find myself stuck at the "stringing scale" portion of the procedure. There
are no markings on the bridge or the plate, and if they are on the plate,
the markings are buried under approx. 81 years of dust and dirt.

So..I suppose I am looking for software that y'all like to use..this will be
one of the 'firsts' that I do to this piano. It's too easy to take certain
wound wire and send it off to be made..I have no one pressuring me to get
this piano back..it belongs to me. Cost: $0.0 .. so far!

Stringing scale software will be the first order of business.

I'm guessing most of the other stuff I will need to find out will either be
in the archives or on the CD-ROM..

Phil