voicing

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:06:15 +0100

I would say this :

Usually a Schimmel should be bright enough because Schimmels have Renner
hammers.
If the hammers have been voiced hammer life will become difficult because
when the natural tension is lessened because of over kill there are two
ways:
Using the (hopefully) available hammer forces in the very base of the
hammers, or, juicing up the powerless fibers of the now too soft hammers.
The first option is ok, the last option is last resort and for a European
Renner hammer instant death.

For that reason I would suggest to first have your Schimmel regulated by a
real good tech.
A fine regulation will always give more dynamics and a louder and brighter
tone.
A very professional tuning, combined with a very professional regulation
will almost always give back more than enough volume and brightness.

If that option has been tried without the proper result than your Schimmel
is seriously ill.

Using all the powers left in the base of the hammers is the last healthy
option and after that all that remains is a hammer change.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland