voiceing

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:23:22 EST

  From: HZirbes@AOL.COM  wrote:

  I've got a reverse question on voicing. I have a piano (Schimmel) that is
not bright enough for my standards / ear.  I am considering having it voiced
to sound similar to a Yamaha. (HERE WE GO). What do you think?

Joe replied:
<< Hi unsigned,

There are plenty of techs that do not belong to the PTG who might do this for
you. Get one of them.

Joe Goss<

     Uh, Joe? It seems that you are saying no PTG member would voice a
Schimmel brighter, and I know that is not correct. So, what does Guild
membership or lack thereof have to do with voicing a piano up?

Ed Foote RPT