getting punch(y)ings

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:41:03 -0600

Hi Terry,
               For the most stable job. Major leveling. I use the split
punchings. After completion I remove the stack and replace them with uncut
punchings.  Save the split punchings for the next job.

You may find you have to install a few thin onion skin split punchings, but
this is just a small refinement.

It is important to press firmly down on all the key buttons, to make sure all
keys are firmly seated for best results, then recheck your work.

Regards Roger

At 09:05 AM 2/21/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Wim. I have never (I'm ashamed to admit) used this technique. But, yes it
would take a few minutes to cut the punchings, but it will also save you from
removing the stack. Further, it will provide the consistency of the actual
action providing the weight on the back of the key - potentially resulting
in a
more accurate key leveling. Am I right with these statements? Do you have some
technique to put an uncut punching on a grand center rail pin without removing
the stack?

>Terry Farrell

without