Equal Temperament, Oh really, what else is news?

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:23:32 -0600

Andre',

At 22:01 02/21/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Yes,
>David Love,
>
>For years and years now I have read this continual and aggressive raving and
>ranting against the tuning most tuners in the world use. It now sounds to me
>like the story of Don Quichotte, fighting the wind mills in a clattering and
>rusty armor.
><snip>
>Antares

<big snip>
> > As far as I'm concerned, ET has always been and will always be a
> theoretical idea which is not worth pursuing.
> > Bill Bremmer

Is this not the best of all possible worlds?

The Don Quixote analogy is pretty fair, but I tend more to think of the
subject along religious lines.

-All involved are seeking truth.
-All involved see truth from their own perspective. (what other way is there?)
-All believe their truth is truer than others. (if it weren't, why hold it?)
-Some believe their truth is the _only_ truth.
-Some believe their truth is the _only_ truth and will do all they can to
minimalize and discredit all others.
-Some believe that truth is revealed in more than one way and will
peacefully coexist with those whose truth is different than theirs.

Credo ergo sum.

Conrad