unusual history.

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:01:44 -0600

>...No fireplace, no holiday. We have had an unusally mild winter here--but I
>would have thought that would ease the load on the dc unit.
>Don Rose...

Don, List,

This has been a mild winter here in Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA, nothing to take
note of, yet I have had many pianos go extremely flat where that had stayed
relatively around A440 in one or two past tunings.

Just today, a small quality grand at the bass / tenor break was over -40
cents at the first plain music wire.  Never done that before and has been
in the same protected institutional environment for 20 + years.  No DC unit.

I've long since given up trying to figure out why pianos sometimes go awry
without any apparent obvious reasons.  I just bring 'em back where they
belong.

Regards,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician