Yes we have no dampers

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:19:26 -0500

At 09:39 AM 2/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>   I got a shock this a.m. when i tried to order a set of underlevers from
>Steinway and Sons.  I am told that the  Hamburg parts(which don't fit many US
>models) are the only ones available, otherwise, for New York Pianos, they are
>only sold mounted on the tray, (at $834).  What happens to the tech that has
>a dozen or two damaged underlevers? Are we expected to replace the entire
>assembly?  That is nuts!
>    What I need is a set of current production New York underlevers, or
>aftermarket parts that have the same dimensions.  Anybody know, off hand, who
>is making what out there?
>Thanks,
>Ed Foote RPT

Ed,
I highly recommend the Renner USA Underlever Kit.  You might be able to improve
on what's there by following the procedure outlined in the Journal a few
months ago.

Renner might have individual underlevers available. I have a bunch of
extras from installing
many of the kits if you need them, although I'm saving up to get a 'free'
setup from all to
installs :-)

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician