Yes we have no dampers

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:35:43 EST

Jon writes:
>Ed,
>I highly recommend the Renner USA Underlever Kit.

 i have used many of these kits, they work, but at times are unnneccessary.
Such as this time.  It is a 1919 Model A,  Everything from soundboard to
action is new, and I don't want to send it out worrying that there is a
possible verdigris problem in the future.  The  damper tray and geometry all
around are  just fine,  all that I need to do is replace the underlevers with
new ones.
  The Renner parts are not quite like the old ones, if I remember correctly.
The depth of the Sos. tab is one problem I encountered before.

     Why is it so hard to buy 67 damper underlevers from New York?  Anybody
got any ideas why the factory won't support the technician?  Or are these
parts available to franchise Steinway stores and their in house techs only?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT