damper lift

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:06:34 EST

In a message dated 2/22/02 8:27:00 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cmpiano@attbi.com
writes:

> Would it be logical to assume that one-half stroke of the key would result
> in one-half hammer travel to the strings?

Carl

Yes, that is the answer, but it would be best if you measured the back end of
the key. Measure the height of the back of the key at rest. Measure the same
spot, with the key depresses. Divide the difference between the two in half,
add that to the height of the key at rest, and that is the height of the
bottom of the damper lever. I am going to presume the damper lift felts are
all in good condition.

Wim