Frequencies?

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:27:55 EST

> Uh, Stephen,
> I'm having a little trouble finding HH, h, h1, h2, & h3 on my piano  :-) =
> :-)
>
> Should I also assume that Diane knows that the only actual frequency =
> from your chart one might find existing on his well tuned piano would be =
> A  @ 440Hz?
> Joseph Alkana  RPT
> josephspiano@attbi.com

Joe,

I'm sure you've already gotten this reply--but in the European system, B is
Bb and H is B natural........hence the fugue on B-A-C-H, where the subject
starts Bb, A, C, B natural.  There are other differences as well, but this
one seems to cause the most trouble here.  As in Klarinet in B, for example!

And I'm sure Diane knows about the frequency variations out in the field!

Regards,

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
mailto:jstan40@aol.com