Frequencies?

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:01:19 -0800

Joe,
Wow, I am impressed by your knowledge of that miniscule piece of musical =
trivia. Of course it still doesn't explain Stephen's switching back to =
the use of "b" in the last octave  :-)

Oh, yes, I am very glad to have met you at your booth in San Diego. It =
was great talking with you and  looking over all the goodies you had =
spread out! I'm the one who just about ran off with an extra set of your =
reamers, etc! Well, back to work so I can pay for my trip to your booth. =
Actually, though, I learned enough in San Diego to more than pay for the =
whole trip and make me lots of dough in the future. An investment in =
yourself education-wise pays back dividends for a lifetime. I realize =
I'm mostly preaching to the choir here, but for all of you that are =
sitting on the fence about going to a PTG convention, don't think about =
it. Do it!

Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe And Penny Goss=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 4:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Frequencies?

  Hi Joe,
  The Germans used H for B ages ago.It still can be found on some =
antique bar type music instruments.
  Seems that there were two european instrumental music lines, German =
and Italian. The italians playing violins and mostly in sharps, while =
the Germans were into the use of wind instruments that played more in =
the flat keys.
  Bb was always there in the key and referred to as B. So when =
instruments were able to play more chromatically they needed to call B =
natural by another name hence the "H" . At least that was what my profs =
told me long ago. I do not have sources to quote.
  Joe Goss
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com
    ----- Original Message -----=20