Frequencies?

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:27:56 -0800

Stan,
Thanks for your insights. I guess that's why my klarinet career never =
took off. I was always playing in the wrong key :-)  :-)
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JStan40@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 6:27 PM
  Subject: Re: Frequencies?
  Joe,

  I'm sure you've already gotten this reply--but in the European system, =
B is Bb and H is B natural........hence the fugue on B-A-C-H, where the =
subject starts Bb, A, C, B natural.  There are other differences as =
well, but this one seems to cause the most trouble here.  As in Klarinet =
in B, for example!

  And I'm sure Diane knows about the frequency variations out in the =
field!

  Regards,

  Stan Ryberg
  Barrington IL