Stubborn fallboard

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:30:47 EST

In a message dated 2/23/02 9:57:10 AM Central Standard Time,
markmilo@znet.com writes:

> I looked at the thing from about twenty minutes, opened it, closed it,
> looked from the top, bottom, sides, pulled, pushed, tugged -- I couldn't
> get the !!*%$(#*!!!! thing out.  So no chance to practise my skills on the
> action.  Frustrating!   A learning experience, but not exactly the one  I
> had envisioned.
>
> Any advice about removing the fallboard without resorting to a chainsaw or
> plastique (tempting approaches yesterday) would be much appreciated.
>
> Mickey Kessler

Mickey

The chain saw is going to make too much noise and dust. The palstique, on the
other hand, might be the choice of weapons, but you have to make sure you
know where to put the explosive, in order for it to do the most good.

But before you get too excited about blowing up the Wheelock, look on the
sides of the fall board, with it about half way up. On the sides you will
find two screws holding a metal bar. Remove the screws, and the fall board
will lift right out.

Wim