getting punch(y)ings

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:42:49 EST

In a message dated 2/23/02 12:25:39 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Bigeartb@AOL.COM
writes:

> WHEN YOU USE THE COME ALONG, DO YOU
> USE ONLY ONE SUPPORT STRAP TIED  IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HARP OR MULTIPLE
> STRAPS

I use a 3/4" nylon rope. I tie one end of the rope to the capo bar at the
treble end and cross brace. Then to the hook on the come-alomg. Then I bring
the rope to the bass end somewhere, and back to the hook. Then to one of the
plate holes, and back to the hook. If there is a place at the tail end of the
plate to put the rope around, I bring it there also. I then adjust the
different sections of the rope so that the plate lifts almost level. It takes
a little maneuvering, but most of the time I get the plate pretty level. That
makes it easy to bring it down on the nose bolts.  But you're right, 9 nose
bolts is a lot.

Good luck

Wim