W.N.G. Action

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:40:33 -0500

Jack,

Horizontal facing toward the rear of the action?  I'm trying to get this in
mind as I haven't had the pleasure of seeing one.  I can see the flaw but I
still like having a tension adjustment screw.  It's like many things we find
on pianos, if it's easy to work on, it's far more likely to be worked on!

I have a J&C Fischer Model 2 that just came in for a rebuild with a WN&G
action but it appears to have the rep tension screw at set at an angle just
back of the jack.  So I guess I don't get to see one yet.  Have you made a
model of the one with the horizontal screw?

Thanks for the kind words.  We have a bigger and better Institute than ever
(even if I so say so myself) and folks could find answers to most of their
questions and then realize that they have even more questions if they make
it to Chicago in June.

It almost sounds like you're volunteering... <grin>

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Director - TEAM2002
June 26-30, 2002 - Chicago, IL
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Assistant Directors: Gary Neie, RPT - Claude Harding, RPT - Joel Jones,
RPT - Laura Olsen, RPT