New Yamaha C-1 "swoosh"

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:02:27 +0100

It all depends on :

a. the acoustics

b. the number of tri-chords

c. the size of the damper felts (are they inserted rather deep into the
unisons?)

d. the awareness of the owner, because once you become 'aware' you might get
'bothered' and the otherwise harmless and 'normal' sound could become a real
problem.

e. Yamaha dampers are usual of very good quality, so are Steinway dampers,
so there should not really be a big difference, except that sometimes an
instrument has a different combination of tri-chords/flat dampers. More
tri-chords will make more 'swoosh', that would seem obvious.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland