Tight Damper Flanges

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:22:11 EST

To the very Helpful List:
Thank you all for your input. I'm back at the computer 20 Minutes later after
drilling the flanges carefully. The bit removed shavings of brass as I
thought as well as saw dust. The wires now fit nicely in the flange. I wish
to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of the technicians on this
list willing to share. Yes, I've been in this business over 25 years and have
learned everything I know from study with a Mason-Hamlin factory technicians,
reading and trial and error. After my buddy died, I had no one to talk shop
talk until I joined the PTG last year, met Wilem Blees, and the wonderful
people on this list. I know a lot of my questions seem stupid but most of the
time I just need a little assurance although some times I do dumb
things.....clean damper wires with 0000 steel. I don't mind asking and am
still learning.
TO ALL MY 'BEST OLE BUDDIES' IN THE PTG....THANK YOU. By the way as a retired
educator ,past high school choral director and Guidance Counselor, you might
be interested in this little tid bit......As a counselor the literature I