Tight Damper Flanges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:08:42 EST

In a message dated 2/24/02 3:53:54 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Bigeartb@AOL.COM
writes:

> Wilem:
> I'm not sure what you mean by straightening out the sleeve. How do I do
> that?
> I think the tightness feels like metal to metal.
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala.

Tommy

The damper wire goes through a sleeve that also holds the screw that you
tighten to hold the wire. It can be turned, clockwise, or counter clockwise.
However, in order to do that, you have to insert the screw, without the
damper wire, and tighten it all the way. You have to look in the top of the
flange to see if you can see where the hole for the damper wire is. Like I
said, it's a little tricky. I would suggest, instead of trying to turn the
sleeve, that you open the hole with a drill. That will be a lot easier.

Wim