Knots to you

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:59:25 -0700

When one ties a square knot with string (not wire) if you think either;
Left over and under right - right over and under left,
or right over and under left - left over and under right - you will have
tied a square knot,
So when tieing wire if the two ends are held with the wire  in the same
pisition with the ends either both up or down when making the loop and the
loop end passes on the same side, when joining the two ends one end will be
reversed making the square knot.
If the loop ends are made reversed with the ends pointing the same
direction, when reversed to form the knot it will be a granny.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: Knot Tying, was: An Awesome Moment

> Regarding tying knots in wire. I'm not very good at it either, but I do
manage to get the job done when I need to. One little "trick" I use is to
keep my "cheat sheet" in my string box. I scanned the knot tying pictures -
I think I found them in Reblitz - and keep the sheet in my box. I open that
rascal up every time I tie a knot. I figure it's always better to double
check and make sure the little end is going through the right loop in the
right direction, etc. I think I have only had one or two slip on me - likely
goofed up even with my sheet. Usually works real well though.

> Terry Farrell

piano wire in the future! Congrats!