Test Blows

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:12:48 EST

In a message dated 2/25/02 5:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> I think the general way stability is taught is backwards:  i.e., tune soft
> and test with a few hard blow.  For the best stability I think you should
> tune with hard blows and then test soft where you can hear (or read) small
> deviations.
>
> David Love

Dave

I agree with you. I tune rather hard, but hit the note soft when I have to
listen carefully to a false beat, or get a unison in place. I just tune the
concert hall piano, and I probably did 10 - 12 "test" blows on each string,
to make sure the piano will hold for the Rach 3, which is what is on the
program.

Wim