Bechstein question

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:06:10 +0100

> From: "Calin Tantareanu" <dnu@fx.ro>
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:04:42 +0200
> To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject: Re: Bechstein question
>
> Hello Andre!

Hello Calin,

> Did they introduce the capo bar and duplex only in their concert grand (D)
> or in all models?

They now have the capo bar and duplex not only on their D but also on (more
expensive) B's.

> If I understood correctly, the EN concert grand had only agraffes. Is it
> still made or has it been replaced by the D?

As far as I know they now make only one D, the one without agraffes in the
treble.

> Do the new models have the typical sound of the old Bechsteins, or did they
> change?

They still have the 'typical' sound but with more power due to the new
developments.

> What do you mean by less expensive models? The Hoffmann/Zimmermann, or
> something else?

They have a 'budget' grand.
It is not as beautiful as the more expensive one but more affordable for
students and/or Conservatories.

The first time I went to Bechstein in Berlin was to assist in chosing the
three grands along with a piano teacher.
Originally they had prepared for us two budget grands and one B, but after
all we chose for two more expensive M's, in stead of the 'budget grands' and
one B.

I also did see some Hoffmann/Zimmermanns, but that was a totally different
story.

> Regards,

André Oorebeek