Baldwin appraisal

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:25:21 -0500

Dave,

I tuned a Baldwin Grand piano with this autograph many years ago, when I
still knew relatively little about what I was doing.  While it was a
nice piano, it was one of the smaller grands.  I wondered also if the
autograph added value to the piano.  If the autograph is valued by
anyone, then it probably does,but the added value is anyone's guess.
I'm not sure it means that the piano itself is head and shoulders above
similar models.

I maintain now a Steinway 1098 vertical that was signed by Henry
Steinway just a couple years ago.  I am told that on occasion he would
walk through the factory and sign some of the pianos, which I presume
doesn't mean necessarily that the piano signed has any special
qualities.  This one doesn't, anyway.

Regards,
Clyde