Knot Tying, was: An Awesome Moment

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:05:54 -0500

I forgot to mention, when splicing a bass string;
use a half size larger for the splice than the core.

So if the core is 15, use 15 1/2 for the splice.

I have successfully spliced bass strings on the speaking length;
not on the wrapped portion of course but if you carefully work in the
unwrapped section it can be done. Make the splice loop large enough
to pass over the wrap without damaging it when closing the knot.

When you get real good, try replacing the hitch pin end.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com