VT/RCT/TLpro data

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:37:46

Greg wrote

Ron,
    There does indeed appear to be a difference. You say that you did not
tune the piano. How did you come up with the numbers from the Veritune? What
notes did you sample for each program. The same notes for each?

snip

I tried to follow the directions that come with each machine.  So, for
Tunelab, I sampled all the C's, plus the notes at the stringing break, and
A4.  For RCT, I sampled the 5 A's.  For the Verituner, I let it listen as I
was doing the other samples, plus I let it hear all the wound strings.  In
fine tune mode, the VT lists multiple partial offsets, so I just picked the
ones that matched the other machines.

Hope this helps! (no I haven't graphed them yet)

Ron Koval