Wegman

Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:51:55 -0500

Greetings -

I just finished restringing a circa 1900 Wegman upright and it was easily
the most pleasant restringing job I have ever done.  For those of you
unfamiliar with this critter, there is no pin block.  The pin is shorter
than normal and is merely placed in an oblong hole in the plate.  String
tension holds it in place.  Stringing was very fast, very quiet, and very
easy.  No pounding, no making sure the pin heights are uniform.... just
wind string on pin, place in hole, and put a bit of tension on to keep in
place.

I have to wonder why in the world did this not catch on in the
industry...

Another good idea gone to waste.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com