improvements

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 14:23:30 -0700

Since "consumers" will pay three times as much for an S&S than a =
sometimes equal quality "other brand" I'd say they "the consumers" are =
already terminally confused and Steinway wants to keep it that way. =20

What better evidence of their desire to capitalize on their name than =
Boston and Essex?   Or could that be a sign that they may be faltering?

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 11:38 AM
  Subject: Re: improvements

  In a message dated 5/3/02 11:40:50 AM Central Daylight Time, =
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:=20

    I look at it the other way. Why do all the other manufacturers have =
to keep=20
    > coming out with new models? That tells me that even they are not =
satisfied=20
    > with what the have been building, and need to improve. Doesn't say =
much for=20
    > the previous pianos from the same company, does it?=20
    >=20
    > Wim=20

    And wouldn't this be as likely a reason as any for Steinway's =
reluctance to=20
    make design changes?=20

    Ron N=20

  I would say so. They aren't changing, because they are satisfied with =
what they have. When they did want to make some changes, they went for a =
completely different models, names and lines, so as to not confuse the =
consumers.=20

  Wim=20