Just Intervals?

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:02:54 -0700

At 11:11 AM 5/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Susan, Who are you and where did you come from. Being a cellist - RPT is a
>small club, I'd like to be in touich (This is not a come - on , I'm a
>happliy married guy!)
>
>                                                      Mike Meade,RPT

Hi!

I spent three years at Oberlin (1964-67) and then followed George Neikrug
to Texas. (The cello class at Oberlin must have been a little thin in 68!
Eight of us went.) I finished the bachelors and masters there. (in
performance). I then went to Canada, and played in a couple of orchestras,
and was a sabbatical replacement (twice in a row), out on the prairies. I
missed Vancouver Symphony by a hair (was in the last 8 of over 200
applicants) and things went downhill from there. I was worn out from too
many moves and job changes. Never did find a decent, stable cello job. I
found Ted Sambell's tuning course in Toronto in 1978, finished in 1980, and
went to California. Did some playing but mostly tuning there, and got to
Oregon *thank heavens!* in 1992.

And you?