yamaha parts

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:48:03 -0600

At 07:52 AM 5/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >Reasonable point Ron. But I still think it stinks. Why don't Kawais have
> >these problems?
> >
> >Terry Farrell
>
>Are you being inundated with twenty+ year old Kawais built for the Japanese
>market? We aren't here, but the few old Kawais I have seen that were
>brought in relatively recently from Japan do have similar age, wear, and
>humidity related problems.
>
>Also, the responsibility for all those poor betrayed consumers that are
>buying gray market Yamahas for which Yamaha won't sell parts, doesn't rest
>entirely on Yamaha. It also rests on the people who continue to sell these
>pianos (knowing Yamaha's policy toward them) to the unsuspecting public who
>think they are getting a good deal. Where's all the self-righteous
>indignation against the dealers who continue to sell these pianos without
>informing the buyers of the situation. Who's the predatory capitalist?
>
>Ron N

Tell that one to the families in the armed forces, Ron. I've got three
bases in my area, and see a lot of pianos that were purchased "on the
economy" by families when stationed in places like.... Japan. (lots of
German Air Force in Alamogordo.... nice pianos and restorations) As it
turns out, a company HAS made exceptions to the rule in one of those cases,
but.... no one ever warned the buyers that when they brought their pianos
home, there would be a parts availability problem. The biggest music
product company in the world is only 5% of the parent company. So....
business is business.

By the way, I'm still counting (locating) the buttons. Yours will be on the
way next week.

Guy

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon