Lawrey pianos

James Gilbert james466@bellsouth.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 18:07:28 -0400

I'm just getting into tuning and maintenance of pianos (as a side
venture, I'm mostly a performing keyboardist/accompanist and piano
teacher). But I'm getting the usual questions from friends of friends
asking for opinions on particular pianos to buy, etc.

Is there a central location (web site, book, ?) that might help me be
better informed about a piano based on name and year of manufacture?
(Obviously seeing the piano would be best, but not always an option).

In particular someone has run across a "Lawrey" spinet piano from
"maybe 30 years ago" for about $500, never been tuned (what fun).
Could this be a corruption of the name "Lowery" as I've never run
across the "Lawrey" name and can't find reference on the internet.

Thanks,

James Gilbert
james466@bellsouth.net
http://www.jamesgilbertmusic.com/