Genck Tool Case

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:28:41 -0700

I also use the Jensen cordura bag.  The Genck is a nice case.  The only
problem I see is carrying liquids.  The Jensen allows them to be held in an
upright position.  The Genck doesn't.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ballard" <yardbird@pop.vermontel.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 30, 2002 8:09 PM
Subject: Genck Tool Case

Dear List,

I got the temporary loan (30-day return) of Schaff's #2664 Genck tool
case. I'm contemplating moving into it from my Jenson cordura
double-sided four pallet bag.  It's very nicely made, and I'm
confident that structurally it'll last much longer than the 2-3.5
year life of the outside zippers on the Jensen. (The zippers are the
first part of the cordura bags to fail; I've been through 5-6 in the
last 20 years. I've always assumed that I was loading too many pounds
of tools (18#) into what was essentially a cloth bag, a sure-fire
stress on the zippers.)

Has anyone else been carrying around the Genck case "for the long
haul"? I'm assuming that I'll be able to get maybe 2/3 of the stuff
now in the Jensen bag into the Genck case (should I decide to buy
it). In fact, cutting down on the weight (and number of tools) in my
priary, walk-through-the-door" bag was the purpose of checking out
the Genck. (The Jensen with four removable pallets weighs 9#, and I'm
stuffing it to bursting with 18# of steel. The Genck weighs 4#.

So, anybody have long-term experience with the Genck? Also, what's
the weight of your primary bag?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"If you think that Mick Jagger will still be doing the whole rock
star thing at age fifty, well, then, you are sorely, sorely mistaken."
     ...........Jimmy Fallon as the uber-road manager in "Almost Famous"