Yamaha hinges

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:31:29 -0600

Pierre,
If you want quick and the holes are just sort of stripped use the extra =
thin CA to solidify the wood.
If the hole is really reamed out insert a strip of buckskin about the =
size of the width of the holeand use the trusty old CA followed by the =
screw directly into the hole, no need to coat the screw with anything as =
the screw will break loose from the glue as it will not set up that =
quickly.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gevaert Pierre=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 2:19 PM
  Subject: Yamaha hinges

  Hi list,

  Last week I had a demand for fixing two identical problems on two =
Yamaha G3 pianos.
  Both have the hinges and screws teared out of the rim.
  (this could confirm the use of to soft woods in the Yamaha rims as =
explained by Larry Fine?)=20
  As woodworkings is not(yet) of my speciallity, I'd like to know what =
is the best way to fix this.
  I thought about chissel out the lose wood and gluing a new pi=E8ce of =
hardwood with epoxy and bore new holes.
  Could it be possible to fix this in less than 3 hours with fast =
hardening epoxy or another glue? (on of the clients asks)

  Pierre Gevaert,
  Belgium