Universal bass string replacement

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:25:11 -0700

>No No No. Implies guilt and reponsibility. Unless you really were the
>culprit, the correct phrase is: "A string broke while I was tuning ..."

or,
>if explaining prior to pitch raising or tuning old, rusty strings, etc., "
>.... a string might break ..."

ALWAYS give your disclaimer before any pitch raise.  It saves your butt even when you were on the wrong tuning pin...;-]
Actually, I'd claim responsibility in that case...a good tip is if the pitch doesn't change immediately when your tuning, your on the wrong pin and no, excess friction isn't the problem and why I should keep turning that pin...;-]

David I.