Laying Down on the Job

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:59:44 EDT

Ron writes:
> The treble and rear legs are put on
>the piano, and it is lowered down until these casters are on the floor.
>The strap goes under the straight side and ties a post to the hoist hook.
Hoist
> and attach third leg.

Our local movers usually put the treble and rear legs on, then the lyre.
They then place folded moving pad on the floor where the lyre will land and
when they tip it over, the lyre hold the piano up high enough to install the
bass side leg.  Then they just lift one corner and remove the pad.
   Seems a little dangerous in the case of a weak lyre, but they have been
doing this for years with no apparent damage.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT