Universal bass string replacement

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:25:08 +0200

Before I changed my tuning method from a bit jerk to more smooth
moves, I had a bass string or two broken on recent grands (the pitch
of those where much changed too by another tech, , but I took the
fault on my hammer technique).

Sure they where happy in the Radio studio with a direct show going on.
Happily there where other concert pianos in the place, so the string
was changed in 10 min (and the pianist broken a second one during the
first part, so another trip and another change)

Since, no breaking bass strings.
Indeed basses are on very high tension in some brands, so careful
tuning is always necessary.

On old rusty... you know it can happen.

Regards

Isaac OLEG