how long until good sound

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:40:53 -0400

At 03:54 PM 10/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:

I restrung a Steinert grand many years ago (about 20) and was dissatisfied
with the outcome to the extent that I was
contemplating pulling it apart and changing the down bearing.

Surprisingly, after a few weeks it started to sound  acceptable. A few
years later it was fine and used for performances at the school auditorium.

About 5 years ago it took a header off the stage. The treble rim broke
about 3" down from the top to just behind the curve. It sprung out like an
arm extended outwards.  I clamped and epoxied it back and reinforced it
with steel rods.  Filled the case and reveneered the top and 'you'd never
know'...

Regards,

Jon Page