how long until good sound

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:38:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/2002 3:41:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> Subj:Re: how long until good sound
> Date:10/4/2002 3:41:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no">Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>                    Ric,Stephane and all

                             Lots of good comments already. Let me add that
after hearing many new boards I believe there is a time period in which the
board opens up.I've experienced this and I've spoken with Nick Gravgne and
others about this phenomena and I believe it's definitely more than the
hammers. As the board compression gets comfortable with the string load, the
glue gets really hard at the joint and musical vibrations run thru the system
etc. something very interesting is happening.  As someone pointed out though
if it doesn't sound respectable initially  sometimes even waiting for the
magic cosmic blooming effect won't get it to the point where it's a 10 but
at least perhaps better than you initially thought.