Baldwin caster socket question

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:31:01 -0500

>>...The specifications call for Darnell castors, from time to time
>>there has been substitutes for what ever reason...

I'm having a little trouble with what you say the specifications call
for and what is actually there. And from time to time, does mean a
month or two, year or two, decade or two?

>...As for Hamilton's, we have been selling about 40 a year (on
>average) for the last 30yrs, so I think I have you beat for numbers
>dept...

I don't have a problem with you having the greater numbers, Roger.
What I question: Did these greater numbers actually have the Darnell
casters on them from the get go?

I just can't conceive Hamilton Studio pianos having the Darnell type
caster installed from the manufacturer versus the University style
that I am accustomed to seeing and working on.

Truly puzzled,

Keith

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician